Please join us on May 3rd as we honor the past 45 years of advocacy, activism, and healing at RVAP! We are privileged today to carry forward the important work built by countless allies since 1973.
We are excited to present the following people with Change Maker Awards for their tireless commitment to RVAP’s mission:
- Christine Grant: A champion of RVAP’s mission and women’s rights. Christine was instrumental in getting Title IX passed in 1972, which created instrumental social change and paved the way for funding to begin supporting victim service agencies like RVAP.
- Karla Miller: Served as RVAP’s Executive Director for more than 20 years, and continues to champion RVAP’s mission in our community.
- Diane Funk: Served in a number of key roles during her extensive time at RVAP, including our longest tenured Assistant Director, and also Executive Director.
- Pam French: RVAP’s longest tenured volunteer, and present Advisory Council member.
- John Gish: Washington County Attorney who is a phenomenal champion of survivors’ rights.
We will also honor the Iowa Sexual Abuse Hotline (ISAH) staff and volunteers for the amazing support and life-saving services they provided before the program was defunded last year. The office space that served as the ISAH call center at RVAP is becoming a group therapy soft space that will be named in their honor to ensure that their courage and compassion remain forever woven into our agency.
Today as much as ever RVAP's services matter deeply to our community and every registration is a significant gesture of belief, validation, and support to the many survivors of sexual violence in our lives. Proceeds from this event will enable RVAP to sustain our critical services as we strive towards our goal of creating a campus and community free from sexual violence. We look forward to seeing you there!
Thursday, May 3, 2018
Hawkinson/Harding Assembly Hall // Levitt Center for University Advancement
1 Park Road
Iowa City, Iowa 52242
Cost: $45 / includes heavy hors d’oeuvres and cocktails
Read more about the sponsorship levels for the RVAP 45th Anniversary Gala here.