Four-week series on Mondays: April 4, 11, 18, 25. 7 p.m.- 8:15 p.m.
At RVAP, 108 River St. Iowa City, IA
Moving Toward Wholeness is a guided dance/movement experiential four-week series for those who have experienced trauma and are looking for a trauma-informed caring space to explore their ongoing healing. Participants will use free-form dance/movement, a modality that encourages following one’s personal body rhythms (not steps to a routine), with a reflective inward focus to explore key topics of Safety, Resilience, Transformation, and Integration.
There will be a guiding structure for each class, with a goal of individual exploration, as well as an opportunity for some sharing. No previous dance experience necessary. All bodies and identities welcome. The class will be taught by Adina Levitt, MSW graduate student; RVAP staff Venissa White will also support participants on site. There is no cost for this four-week series.
- Week #1, April 4 - Safety
- Week #2, April 11 - Resilience
- Week #3, April 18 - Transformation
- Week #4, April 25 - Integration
- Limited to six participants
- No previous dance experience required.
- Pre-registration required, questions welcome: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions or to register please contact: email@example.com.