Call for Art From LGBTQIA Latine/x/o/a Artists Living in Iowa!
RVAP is hosting an art show centered on the experiences of Iowa based LGBTQIA Latine/x/o/a survivors. Any medium is acceptable. Artists should chose one or more of the following topics to focus on:
Share with us a representation of a healing space or healing spaces in your life. In the description of your piece please address:
- What is it about the space that is healing for you?
- What barriers (if any) keep you from accessing these spaces?
Experience going through/accessing RVAP services:
Share with us a representation of what the Rape Victim Advocacy Program (RVAP) means to you/your community. In the description of your piece please address:
- What allows it to be/not be a healing space for you/your community?
- What changes need to be made to make it a more healing space for you/your community?
Sexual Harm in their community: (*prevention)
Share with us a representation of the impact of sexual harm on you/your community. In the description of your piece please address:
- How is sexual harm defined and responded to?
- What is believed to cause sexual harm?
*Participants will be given the option to choose one of the categories.
Please include a narrative with your art.
Deadline for submission is August 30th, 2021. The first 10 artists to submit will receive a $100 gift card of their choice. There are three ways to submit:
- via email at email@example.com
- by mail to 108 River St, Iowa City, IA 52246
- or by having RVAP staff come pick it up from a location of your choosing. To arrange pickup, call us at 319-335-6001