RVAP has four different volunteer training tracks: Direct-Service (in-person advocacy), Prevention Education (University of Iowa & K-12 / community), Rural (volunteering in Cedar, Iowa, Des Moines, Henry, Lee, Washington, & Van Buren Counties), and the Queer Health Advocates track.
All prospective volunteers for direct service, rural, and prevention education attend a 32-hour training that focuses on understanding sexual assault dynamics, anti-oppression perspectives to sexual violence work, best practices in prevention and working with survivors, and skill building.
Trainings are facilitated by RVAP staff every spring, summer, and fall. Trainings for our Queer Health Advocates Program vary throughout the year depending on the number of applicants. You must be present for all training dates.
Fall 2022 Training Dates
The training will be held over Zoom.
- September 12th, 5:30 - 9:30 pm
- September 13th, 5:30-9:30pm
- September 14th, 5:30 - 9:30 pm
- September 17th, 1:00 pm - 4:30 pm
- September 19th, 5:30 - 9:30 pm
- September 20th, 5:30-9:30 pm
- September 21st, 5:30 - 9:30 pm
- September 24th, 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
If you have questions or need more information please call RVAP and speak with a staff member at 319-335-6001.