RVAP is hosting an art show centered on the experiences of Iowa based LGTBQIA Latine/x/o/a survivors. Any medium is acceptable. Artists should choose one or more of the following topics to focus on:
Share with us a representation of a healing space or healing spaces in your life.
In the description of your piece please address:
- What is about the space that is healing for you?
- What barriers (if any keep you from accessing these spaces?
Experience going through/accessing RVAP services:
Share with us a representation of what the Rape Victim Advocacy Program (RVAP) means to you/ your community. In the description of your piece please address:
- What allows it to be/not be a healing space for you/your community?
- What changes need to be made to make it a more healing space for you/ your community?
Sexual Harm in their community (*prevention)
Share with us a representation of the impact of sexual harm on you/your community. In the description of your piece please address:
- How is sexual harm defined and responded to?
- What is believed to cause sexual harm?
*Participants will be given the option to choose one of the categories.
Please include a narrative with your art.
There is no Deadline
The first 10 artists to submit will receive a $100 gift card of their choice. There are three ways to submit:
- Via email at email@example.com
- By mail to 108 River St, Iowa City, IA 52246
- Or by having RVAP staff come pick it up from a location of your choosing. To arrange pickup, call us at 319-335-6001
Solicitud de arte de la comunidad Latina/o/e/x LGBTIQ+
Crear arte basado en uno o más de los siguientes temas:
- Su espacio de sanación
- Su experiencia con los servicios del programa de ayuda para víctimas de la violación- RVAP
- Experiencia sobre el daño sexual en su comunidad
Les invitamos a enviar su arte, ya sea música, pintura, danza, video, fotografía, o dibujo, etc.
Las primeras 10 solicitudes reciben una tarieta de $100 dólares