What We Do
We provide free, confidential and trauma-informed services to anyone directly or indirectly impacted by sexual violence in Cedar, Des Moines, Henry, Iowa, Johnson, Lee, Washington, and Van Buren counties. Anyone includes but is not limited to individuals of any age, gender, identity, culture, etc. Sexual violence is any sexual act committed against someone without that person’s freely given consent. This includes but is not limited to rape, sexual assault, stalking, harassment, sexual exploitation, etc.
If you're a person with a disability who requires an accommodation, please contact the office at 319.335.6001. Interpreters are available for non-English speaking persons as well as for ASL.
We are here as a confidential resource and support in your healing. We have...
- 24-hour crisis lines
- Counseling, therapy and support groups
- Advocacy for survivors engaging in medical, legal and academic responses to violence and reporting assault
- Queer Health Advocacy and Doula Services
- Immigration advocacy
- Advocacy for incarcerated survivors
- Emergency financial assistance and housing advocacy
- Community based advocacy
- Provide referrals to community resources
We offer a variety of educational and prevention programs that provide the knowledge, motivation and instruction necessary to end sexual violence.