what we do
We provide free, confidential and trauma-informed services to anyone directly or indirectly impacted by sexual violence in Cedar, Des Moines, Henry, Iowa, Johnson, Lee, Washington, and Van Buren counties. Anyone includes but is not limited to individuals of any age, gender, identity, culture, etc. Sexual violence is any sexual act committed against someone without that person’s freely given consent. This includes but is not limited to rape, sexual assault, stalking, harassment, sexual exploitation, etc.
If you're a person with a disability who requires an accommodation, please contact the office at 319.335.6001. Interpreters are available for non-English speaking persons as well as for ASL.
We are here as a confidential resource and support in your healing.
- 24-hour local and state-wide crisis lines
- Counseling, therapy and support groups
- Explain various options including medical, legal and acacemic
- Referrals and resources
We offer a variety of educational and prevention programs that provide the knowledge, motivation and instruction necessary to end sexual violence.
You don’t have to do this alone. We can accompany you for as much or as little of your healing journey as you would like.
- Medical & Legal: explain options and accompany survivors at the hospital during medical exams and at police interviews and court hearings
- Academic: assist survivors working with their university or college to obtain academic accommodations or participate in the sanctioning process
- Community: assess survivor's needs after an assault and help communicate with local social service agencies